Monday, December 29, 2008

Is the chocolate in my Advent calendar worth eating? Days 21 and 22

Please excuse my lack of postings. I was in Maine, and the internets haven't quite reached that far north yet. I'm skipping out on Days 19 and 20 of Advent, because Advent is over, I'm a little tipsy, and I don't have any pictures from those days, so as far as I'm concerned, they didn't happen.

For Days 21 and 22 (or was it Days 20 and 21? I don't know, I'm tipsy), I decided that I would have friends do a blind taste-test of the three Advent calendars to see if there was an overall winner for best taste. I packaged up one piece of chocolate from each calendar, and put it into a separate Ziploc bag, stuck the three Ziploc bags into a Christmas card, and then gave them to Joe to deliver to the Newtster and Justin. Joe headed down to DC for the Wake Forest bowl game.

These are some pictures of the chocolate tasting: Justin is pleased to be eating chocolate.

I think Newton is faking his smile.

The Cadbury calendar was the best tasting chocolate for both of my unsuspecting tasters. Justin chose the super-cheap calendar I bought (which I thought tasted "vile") as number two, with Newton's calendar coming in as "the cheapest tasting chocolate I've ever had." Newton chose his calendar as the number two chocolate, and my cheap calendar as the last place.

The results of this experiment indicate that the Cadbury Advent calendar was the best tasting Advent calendar acquired this Advent season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The reason I ranked them the way that I did was that whatever one I ranked last basically disintegrated in my mouth as chocolate powder.

It was not overly enjoyable, although I could tell that had it not been in some way spoiled, it probably would have tasted better than whatever I ranked #2.

But the experience of chocolate dust in my mouth was too much to overcome.

And that picture reminds me that I need to get back to my long-standing resolution. Ugh.