Sunday, December 7, 2008

Is the chocolate in my Advent calendar worth eating? Day 7

My first final exam is tomorrow morning, so there's not much time for blogging. But I couldn't leave you hanging for Day 7. I ate the chocolate today, and since I hadn't eaten anything recently, the taste was mildly offensive again. Luckily I had some other German chocolate* around the house that served as a delicious chaser. Anyway, today's chocolate scores pretty high on the Schnell! scale, at a 4.2 out of 5, mainly because this is one scary Christmas goblin!

Scary Christmas goblin tells me it's time to get back to studying.

*My favorite German chocolate is Ritter Sport, which is easy to find in the U.S. these days. Of the Ritter Sport varieties, I like the kind that has cornflakes in it, and the kind that has a shortbread cookie/graham cracker thing in the middle. Perhaps one of my favorite things about this brand is that on the back of the German wrappers, it says, "Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut." which translates into, "Quadratic. Practical. Good." Leave it to the Germans to entice people to buy their chocolate by advertising it as quadratic and practical, rather than, oh, I don't know, DELICIOUS? The U.S. wrappers aren't much better with their, "Quality. Chocolate. Squared."

No comments: