Thursday, December 18, 2008

Is the chocolate in my Advent calendar worth eating? Days 17 & 18

I've only received one more response to my Craigslist ad, and it wasn't any better than the others.  I decided that it probably wasn't worth the effort to set up a time for someone from Craigslist to come pick up the calendars, and I don't really want "Daddy Blue" to know where I live anyway.  So I'm still the owner of three Advent calendars, with 6 days left to go.  Due to final exams (and not particularly loving all of the Advent chocolate), tonight I created a game out of the backlog of chocolate that I had to eat.  I called it, "How many pieces of chocolate can I stuff in my mouth at one time and eat without having to spit it back out?"  First, I unwrapped all of the chocolate I'm supposed to eat, and arranged it in an aesthetically pleasing way:

Wait, let's get a closer look at that one in the middle.

After I photographed the 25 pieces of chocolate that I should have eaten by today, I asked Joe how many pieces he thought I could eat at one time. He guessed 20. I guessed 14. Then I started with the Cadbury ones, because they taste the best, although they score very low on the Schnell! Scale. They are not from Germany, so I do not feel the Schnell! Scale is an appropriate method of evaluation for Cadbury. The Cadbury chocolate scores very high on the "Jolly Good!" scale though, probably 4.5 Jolly Good!s out of 5.
I even wore a shirt from Germany in anticipation of eating all of that German chocolate.

After stuffing in ten pieces, there was room for no more.


Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other 15 pieces I was supposed to eat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Mandy is now addicted to advent calendar chocolate. At first, she was just taking them one day at a time, but 10 days at a time? Binge much?

Joe, you might want to get her a rehab certificate for Christmas.

And some fat pants.

Mandy said...

I'd just like to point out that my 10 piece "binge" isn't even a full 12 piece serving.