Friday, December 12, 2008

Is the chocolate in my Advent calendar worth eating? Days 11 & 12

Finals unfortunately coincide with Advent, which means that some days it's difficult to take a few minutes away from studying and do something with my Advent calendar chocolate. After my exam today, I came home and ran some errands. To make up for having to write about two days' worth of chocolate in one post though, I decided to do something extra special. I bought two more Advent calendars.

I had noticed that our trusty neighborhood deli was carrying this one for the low price of $1.69. Good deal, or waste of money?

This calendar is also from a German company, and it has a picture on the back of the package that I could color, if I was into that sort of thing. I only ate the chocolate from day one on this calendar, and I'm not quite sure what it was. Maybe a snowman with some stuff?

It actually turned out to be a good thing that this piece of chocolate was so small, because it was vile. The worst Advent calendar chocolate yet. If this is your only choice for an Advent calendar, I would suggest you just take your $1.69 and buy a king-sized Hershey bar and ration it out over 24 days.

My second Advent acquisition was this delightful Cadbury calendar:

This was a pricey $4.99, but definitely trumps all other Advent chocolate that I've tasted this Advent season. It's extra exciting, because since I acquired this calendar on the twelfth day of Advent, it means that I'm free to eat 12 pieces of the chocolate, which I just might do. Joe did not try the chocolate from the other new calendar, but he agreed that the Cadbury calendar has chocolate of a quality that he'd eat even if it wasn't Advent.

Here was what Cadbury gave me for Day One:

It's either a Yule log, a wrapped piece of candy, or a whistle (Joe said whistle, I still don't see it).

Here's what Days 11 and 12 in the original Advent calendar had in store for me, respectively:

Funky tree


Bell?

No comments: