Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And the votes are in! All three of them.

I have two votes to turn the blog over to the future residents of 5N (let's hope they can read/write English!), and one vote for "other". The person who chose "other" did not elaborate on what they thought I should do with the blog, though. I'm pretty sure Justin, my most frequent commenter, didn't vote. I extended the time for voting by another week just for Justin, although also because Blogger just randomly decided on the first end date for the poll.

In other news about me, I've been having a pretty bad and boring week, so I tried to turn my frown upside down by taking a walk to the bakery this morning for coffee and a chocolate croissant. The bakery lady put my croissant in one little paper bag, put my coffee in another little paper bag, and then put both paper bags inside a plastic bag. The whole "putting the cup of coffee in a bag" thing is something I've only seen in New York, and frankly, I just don't get it. Since the notion of putting a cup of coffee in a bag to make it easier to carry is so absurd to me, I often forget to speak up in time to stop the person from putting my coffee in a bag. I'm much more paranoid about spilling my coffee when I'm carrying it around in a bag than when I'm just carrying the cup.

Anyway, on my 15 minute walk home from the bakery I was convinced that my coffee was going to spill inside the bag and get my croissant all wet, which would mean that my frown would stay a frown. By the time I got home and took everything out of the plastic bag, this is what my croissant bag looked like:

I started to get a little upset with myself for not taking the coffee out of the bag, but then I realized that the croissant bag wasn't wet. The marks on it are just the butter/grease from the croissant, and for a few minutes this morning, everything was delicious and right with the world again.

3 comments:

gary carrion said...

ack! i'm cracking under the pressure of the vote. i'm just not sure!!!!

Ian said...

mister bagel puts their coffee products in paper bags. it's like i'm drinking 40. (not so much because it is in a paper bag, but because it's the morning and i'm usually druunk)

Mandy said...

Maybe Mister Bagel is trying to pretend to be a "NY-style" bagel place.