Saturday, April 4, 2009

Google Analytics

I forget most of the time that I signed up for Google Analytics on this blog, mostly because I go for long periods where I don't blog, and then I blog a bunch for a few days. Also, I haven't told that many of my friends that I have a blog, because then I might feel real pressure to keep things interesting. So tonight I logged onto Google Analytics for the first time in months, to see what people are searching for when they stumble across my blog. Here's what I found:

1. tales from below apartment 6n This is the most popular combination that makes someone land on my blog. I imagine that most people living in an apartment 6N are pretty wacky. What's your tale?

2. "drums" + "apartment"+ "noise" You too? Pretty terrible, huh?

3. 30 rock asif Are you the guy that was taking up 3 seats on the subway? Or are you just the guy who wound up with the part of Asif and you're trying to Google yourself? If you're the former, please close your legs and keep your voice down next time. New York thanks you.

4. apartment noise upstairs Apparently noisy upstairs neighbors are a common problem. Do yours have a drum set and five people living in a one-bedroom apartment?

5. asif 30 rock Dude, just audition a third time. You said the casting directors really liked you. Hey, I know! The show is set in New York, maybe you can convince the writers to write a character who takes up too much room on the subway.

6. drums noise apartment Maybe I need to get a drum set of my own? Poor apartment 4N.

7. laws against playing drums in upstairs apartment Are you in NYC? If you find any exact statutes against drums in upstairs apartments, please let me know! Or if you're apartment 6N and you happened across this blog, I totally found the noise ordinance and the management company will be sending you a noise complaint shortly!

8. advent calendar chocolate How did this have the fewest hits? I figured my blog was the number one source for all things Advent chocolate. Maybe next year.

No comments: