Monday, November 24, 2008

Less dinner blogging

Joe is back now, and with his return, I will probably be cooking less. Or, I'll just be making buffalo chicken nachos, so there's no need to blog about dinner again. Since I've been posting a lot about food lately, you might be concerned that I will not be updating the blog as frequently. Fear not, dear reader(s?), for on December 1, I will be starting a 25 day series entitled, "Is the chocolate in my Advent calendar worth eating?" In that series, I will tell you daily whether the chocolate in my Advent calendar is worth eating.

Joe and I were getting beer one evening last week, and saw a bunch of Advent calendars filled with chocolate. He asked if we should get one, to which I responded with an emphatic "No!," with the reasoning that the quality of the chocolate in a cardboard calendar is not going to be stellar. Joe returned from his weekend trip with a gift for me from the Newtster and Newtstress of a chocolate-filled Advent calendar. They bought this one for me, reasoning that the package says "high quality milk chocolate."

Here is a picture of my new Advent calendar riding a rollercoaster.


Thanks Newtons!

I did notice the nutritional information on the back of the calendar. A serving size of Advent calendar chocolate is 12 pieces, and there are two servings in my calendar. I was under the impression that you are supposed to open the calendar one day at a time. Perhaps this chocolate is just so delicious that I will not be able to resist eating twelve days' worth at once? Tune in on December 1 to find out!

1 comment:

The Newtster said...

Somewhere in here there is a 12 Days of Christmas joke. I just can't find it. Perhaps other loyal readers can come up with it.